Bulk email is the act of sending one email campaign to a large group at once. Marketing messages, newsletters, updates, coupons, and invitations typically comprise bulk emails.
Synonymous with mass email or email blasts, bulk emails focus on sending one central message to a large group of subscribers. All you need is a list of opted-in subscribers and an email marketing platform, like Campaign Monitor. There are plenty of other email platforms that allow you to send bulk emails, but the best providers will have tools to make creation, sending, and delivery as intuitive as possible. Tools like:
- Premade, mobile-responsive email templates so you know your emails are perfect in the every inbox
- Drag-and-drop email builder for quick and beautiful sends
- Design and spam check to see how emails show up in the inbox
- Send time optimization to reach your recipient at the best time
- Engagement segments to see who’s active and who should be cleaned from your list
- Insights and analytics to improve campaign performance over time
Marketers have found that personalization and automation make bulk emails more effective, delivering the right message to the right person at the right time. You can still send bulk or mass email out to your audience, but with dynamic content tools, you can replace specific pieces of a bulk email with content that changes based on the recipient. For example, a publisher might send out a daily or weekly newsletter with advertisements that adjust to the specific subscriber—maybe one with an event invite, another with a product sale, depending on what the subscriber has expressed interest in previously.
Check out our guide on the evolution of bulk email and email blasts, and make sure to explore our email marketing benchmarks to see how your email campaigns should be performing.
The furniture company sent their entire list of email subscribers a bulk email with all of their fall sales information.